The Harbour job description and person specification
THE HARBOUR - Chief Executive
JOB TITLE Chief Executive
REPORTING TO Trustee Board
RESPONSIBLE FOR Management and accountability of the service
HOURS 22 hours per week
SALARY LEVEL C £26,000 pro rata
TERM OF APPOINTMENT Permanent
To provide management, planning and accountability for the service, enabling the Trustee Board to fulfil their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of The Harbour. Developing the organisation’s aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.
Main Responsibilities/Key Job Outcomes
1. To provide day to day management support for the Clinical Lead, Administrative staff, services and human resources.
2. To monitor the implementation of policy and procedures.
3. To negotiate and monitor with the statutory sector the Service Level Agreements.
4. To negotiate and monitor the Business Plan.
5. To lead on the preparation of the Annual Report for the Charity Commission, Companies House, Annual Review and ensure these and other statutory returns are submitted in good time.
6. To provide budgetary control and forward financial planning for the service, ensuring the financial stability if the organisation. To hold overall responsibility for the day to day financial affairs of The Harbour.
7. To be the lead advocate for the organisation, representing The Harbour at functions and meetings as required and safeguarding the good name and values of the organisation.
8. Ensuring that The Harbour is run in accordance with the decisions of the Trustee Board and the governing documents, and that Trustee Board decisions are acted upon.
9. Act as a channel of communication between the Trustee Board and staff.
10. To work closely with the Trustee Board on the major development of the service, and the implementation of its Business Plan.
11. To take primary responsibility for fund raising in conjunction with the trustees.
12. To undertake such other duties as agreed from time to time by the trustees.
THE HARBOUR - Chief Executive
This is a specialist service providing psychotherapy, and counselling to people affected by life-threatening and terminal illness and will require of the post holder sensitivity and awareness of the work, and its impact on staff within the organisation.
We are seeking a person who will have commitment to the organisation and its approach, who can think creatively, work effectively as a member of a team, and who has good communication and interpersonal skills.
In particular the Trustee Board wishes to appoint a candidate who can evidence the following:
• Experience of management/leadership of a Third Sector organisation
• Awareness and commitment to the work undertaken by the organisation
• Excellent communication and advocacy skills – written, oral and presentational
• Track record in fundraising
• Ability to chair meetings, prepare reports, facilitate decision making and manage contested issues
• Ability to raise the profile and broaden the reach of the organisation to a range of audience
• Ability to establish business plans, prepare budgets and present management accounts
• A self motivator with the capacity to work on own initiative as well as being part of a team
• The ability to manage own time and to prioritise work effectively
• A proven track record in report writing, project documentation and evaluation
• Proven IT skills